Friday, March 23, 2012

RUBY AND PAUL DO LUXOR!


Ruby: You have to wake up early in the morning (4 am) to go on a balloon ride. The hot air balloon captain and other members of the crew put hot air (fire) in the balloon.  You get to see it and it is worth it. You can see how people have their animals on the roof. BRING A CAMERA!!!








Ruby: Omar is a very nice man who is a horse carriage driver in Luxor. Of course everyone knew Omar. Omar was a good man he has 1 brother. He has 2 horses that trade on and off every other day, so the horses can rest and eat. His carriage is number 73. 



They had a wedding in Luxor and this is a picture of the wedding carriage ride.






Ruby: We went in the mosque where an Iman showed us around. 



Ruby: The avenue of the Sphinxes is the road that leads to Luxor Temple. It is where important people would walk down to see and congratulate the arrival of a very important guy. In Luxor Temple Paul and I played hide and go seek.


This pillar is 6 arms around!










Ruby: You will have a guide on the horseback ride, he will ride a donkey though. The horses know the way. If you take a 1-hour ride you will ride a long the Nile River. You will see small cafes and feluccas. Don't forget your camera!!!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting... I've missed your photos and stories. I love that you played hide and seek in the Luxor Temple! Awesome.

    It was fantastic to "see" you and chat on Skype today. I miss you!!!

    I looked at a couple of the websites you sent about your upcoming France adventure. Amazingly beautiful. Drooling....

    ~Jen H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ruby has grown 6 inches! Great photos and what an awesome adventure to Luxor. I hope to ride in a hot air balloon someday - looks like fun! Keep posting...helps me miss you all less. Bobo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you to. I don't know how much I have grown since I have seen you. Miss you and good luck with adopting the baby.

      Delete